23 October 2009

Timetable-less.

So you {as in any of you} may ask, "Are you done with you writing? That's all you got?"  well, no... not exactly.  To be honest, I guess I just haven't had much to write about since I've been back in Dunedin.  Not to say that I'm not enjoying my time, but I guess it's just being back in the routine of things: Drop off Ocean at kindy, stop by The Fix, order a single long black and wonder why everyone in Dunedin is so keen on wearing so much black.  Would it hurt to throw a pair of superman-blue tights on with your black coat, black shoes, black skirt, black hat... cadillac? To be honest looking at these people is quite depressing... Dunedin is a City, may it be small, it's still a metropolis-- where everyone tries to be something different and unique from he friend standing next to them, yet, they're really all just a mirror of the stranger on the sidewalk across from them.  


California, and it's cities abundant, well yes I can say it is the mecca for people wanting to be different yet end up all the same in the end... but California, well you do it with pizazz!  Bold enough to where multiple colors at one time, patterns, textures, and a smile. ~~~ I never thought I'd miss just the fashion sense, alone, of home.  


I'm not homesick. passed that stage.  just missing a lot of the things that I was getting into the routine of.  I don't believe I'm missing out on anything worth putting in the record books either, but I guess just the simplicities of waking up earlier than I do here, and being able to look down the beach to the fog bank engulfing the Rock, or riding my bike down the street to work.  


Elan and Julian think I'm bored.  I guess I do get bored sometimes, but not to the point where I'm complaining like I do at home.  I guess I know there's not much else I can do about it here. Not having a car and being afraid to drive on these roads doesn't help much.  The bus I can catch anytime, but it's a matter just strolling around by myself that gets somewhat old.  In a country where drinking is the best past-time they have, well maybe second to rugby-- well I guess I don't fit 'the scene' too well when it comes down to it.  Alcohol makes my nose stuffy anyway.  So what to do? I really don't mind it just being the way it's been, Elan, Julian and the kids, and her friends as well... I enjoy the simplicity of things I guess, and plus I may be heading to Queenstown or the Foxx glacier and Milford Sound at the beginning of the month.  


Time passes slow here. I think it's a good thing.  Plus I don't get tired 'til about 1am anyway, extending my days.  I began teaching myself German today, that kills some time as well, and in a productive way too.  Sweet as.


Well, maybe I'll try going to bed an hour early. My eyes are starting to get dry from these contacts, I'll take it as my cue to shut off for the night.


Miss you all~
Koko

No comments:

Post a Comment