20 October 2009

Tootsicles.

It's still cold. The sun came out for a few of the remaining hours of the day, just in time to attempt to warm up my curtainless, westward facing window... the heat only lasted an hour or so, it's freezing in there again, and i'm drawing out the evening as to minimize the amount of time I spend in the ice box-- although my sleeping bag is still pretty warm when I think about it.  Yet, once again, my toes are still frozen in my Uggs-- tootsicles.


It's 9:58pm, and i'm not tired....
Went to the library yesterday and got a nice stock of goodies: "A Streetcar Named Desire" (a classic with Marlin Brando) that i'll soon be popping in the DVD, The Adventures of Alice- which I though would be more stories that go along with Alice in Wonderland, but turns out its a background of how Lewis Caroll came up with the story-- I'm beginning to believe he was some weird child-lover.... on a more exciting note!- I also grabbed a teach yourself German cd and language book, along with the dictionary of course-- i figure with all the German's i meet whilst travelling, it'd be good to actually be able to speak with some of them.... not to forget it's a challenge, and lately I feel that I've been needing one of my own; or more that being out of school, I find myself commonly making multiple, numbskull mistakes in basic spelling and grammar... well and just overall thinking.   I'll just blame it on the cold weather, and the whole Southern Hemisphere reversal thing -- so, watch out, I may come home from Down Unda' fluent in Duestch!..... that or speaking backwards.


oookay... time to make some tea, put some socks on, and go meet mr. brando and see what this streetcar is all about.


Oh, and I may be going on another mini trip at the end of the month... we shall see-- Jessica and her parents arrive in Aukland on the 24th, and I may try to meet up with them in Queenstown (just a few hours inland) whenever they make it down here... hip! hip!


Auf Wiedersehen,
Koko

No comments:

Post a Comment